Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The NFL draft is on Thursday. That's cool.

I think that I speak for everyone when I say that the NFL draft is on Thursday, and that the NFL draft is cool. I'm pretty pumped. What should teams look for?

Atlanta looked great last season, and they were real contenders to win the Super Bowl (I hate you just a little bit for that, Green Bay.) However, they need to work on their passing game. One of their main problems is that defensive coordiantors can double-cover Roddy White, and they really have no equivalent weapons. If the Falcons can draft a great wide receiver, they can leave defenses scrambling. However, the Falcons' general manager has already said that he is looking to find a better third-string quarterback. Really?


I'm going to take a lot of heat for this, but I think that Jacksonville has real potential. They finished 8-8 in 2010, a solid finish for a team that was just founded in 1995. However, a star team needs a star quarterback, and I'm sorry, but Jason Garrard isn't going to cut it. I think that a truly great college quarterback picked up in the draft could really propel Jacksonville to a win, particularly in the passing department, since Jacksonville is blessed with Mike Sims-Walker, a very strong player.

The Vikings are going to need a new quarterback as well, after Brett Farve finally retires (bye, I don't miss you.) Unfortunately for them, they don't have a particularly good spot in the draft, so Cam Newton will probably be gone at that point. A nice alternate choice might be the former Washington Huskies quarterback. On the other hand, their offensive and defensive lines aren't looking particularly strong either, so they might go with a linebacker.

-Ishaan

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how to play football, and I have no idea how it works, BUT DOES THIS INVOLVE COLT MCCOY IN ANY WAY? BECAUSE HE'S ATTRACTIVE.


    -nat :D

    ReplyDelete