Monday, April 4, 2011

Ishaan Ranks the Top 10 Musicians Who I Wish Had Been 1-Hit Wonders

10. Lady Gaga


     Lady Gaga is often hailed as a musical genius. Congratulations, you've discovered how to successfully design clothing while strung out on crack! Anyone as bizarre as Lady Gaga should have had maybe 2 months in the spotlight, tops. I get expressing yourself, I do. But this is a bit much. "I saw a golden pineapple in my dream, so I knew that I had to put it in my music video."



9. Pitbull


     Pitbull annoys me to no end. All his songs sound EXACTLY the same. And it's not the good kind of exactly the same, either. Uno, dos, tres, quatro. EVERY SONG HE DOES THIS! At least Lady Gaga is amusing, in a train-wreck-Charlie-Sheen-meets-Autotune way.
8. Eminem


     Hi, Eminem. You know, at first, your raps about your drug problem were interesting. At this point, I'm about ready for you to move on. Honestly, do we have to know your life story in 4 minutes every single song? "Uhh, I was on drugs, but then I got divorced, but I have a daughter, and she's named Hailee, and I'm even more annoying than that T.G.I. Friday's server, Jenny." (I hate you, Jenny)

7. P!nk





     At first, I enjoyed your rebellious, anti-societal rambling. Your first few songs, about how you were going to steal someone's drink at a bar and leave him with the tab, and so on, were interesting. But now you have this feminist-be-yourself-rocker style, which doesn't really work. In her latest single, P!nk states "I'm done looking for the critics because they're everywhere/They don't like my jeans, they don't get my hair." No, P!nk, I have no idea what's going on there, but you should look into changing it. Can I recommend Serenity Wig Spa?

6. Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana
     Well, that's not strictly true, I would rather you were a 0-hit wonder, but I could live with an annoying song on the radio for two months or so. Why don't you go live in Shrevport with Jamie Lynn Spears and smoke crack together with your deadbeat boyfriends? Oh, wait- you already do one of those things (hint: not Shrevport.)

5. Gwyneth Paltrow


       When I first heard Gwyneth's musical debut, "Country Strong," I had many thoughts. However, none of them are appropriate for our blog, which is, of course, family-friendly. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please quit. I don't know if I can take much more of you. Actually, I'm quite sure I can't handle another song. 

4. Justin Bieber


      When you first started out, you were this interesting, talented child who Usher found on YouTube. Now, he's the annoying, egotistical child whose hair I very much dislike. He's SO punchable. No joke.

3. BOB


     I don't hate BOB so much as I hate the radio for playing his songs over and over again. "Nothin' on You" was played literally every single hour. That song makes my blood pressure go up. (I totally learned what blood pressure is from House. That's a good show, by the way)

2. Ke$ha


     I thought, "This lady is no way going to last for longer than 2 months". I was wrong. So very wrong. It strikes me that Ke$ha is a former IB scholar who is an expert on cold war history who dropped out to become THIS. Really? 

1. Rebecca Black




     I know what you're saying. You're saying, "But Rebecca Black IS a one-hit wonder!" Not so. TMZ reports that she has begun work on a new single. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10 comments:

  1. Rebecca Black is working on an album to "prove the haters wrong", ahahah. <3

    -nat attack

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of these artists here are really awesome and amazing...How could Eminem ever be a one hit wonder? Or B.o.B.? ....

    -Fly on the Wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Justin Bieber is awesome :D

    But... I kinda like Lady GaGa...\

    - EJE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca black will make new songs, but I think she will still be a one hit wonder. Awful songs are only funny for so long.

    Felix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P!nk and Ke$ha piss me off too. Why won't kids use the regular damn alphabet?

    Nice story, Ishaan.

    -Banquo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rebecca black what are you guys talking about?!?!?!?!?
    -captaincoochie (jeremy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with most of the list, except for Eminem and BoB, they actually had to work to get where they are now. I think it's kinda sad that these people are the ones getting radio play when there are much better artists out there.

    -ACM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca Black, please stop informing us about the days of the week. We understand the calender. What's the next single, "Monday"?-AS

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. The pic of Justin Bieber was hilarious. I like Lady Gagas' songs but hate her vids.

    CN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca Black only taught me half the days of the week, I still don't know the other three (are there even three? I'm unsure...)

    -Ishaan

    Also: I admit that when people ask me what happened to make my personality how it is, I tell them I was "Born This Way." She's not all that bad, which is why she's number 10.

    Also: Eminem is AWFUL.

    ReplyDelete